FIND YOUR MAYHEW MATCH.
Beer is made for sharing and our tasting room is where we offer you all of our favorite creations. Brewed especially for Starkville and for enjoying with friends, this is where Mayhew Junction shines the brightest and goes down the smoothest. We'll have 13 Mayhew originals on tap. You bring the party, we'll bring the beer!
In the tasting room, you get the beer on its way out of the keg. On our tours, we'll take you behind the scenes of how the beer gets in the keg, from grains in a barrel to pints in your glass.
Mayhew Junction Brouhaha
Saturday, July 1st, 2017
3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Celebrate New Mississippi Beer Laws
Tour Mayhew Junction Brewing Company, get a souvenir tasting glass and sample six Mayhew Junction brews. Tours are $15. Repeat taster? Bring your MJBC glass back and save $5 on your next tour!
If you are under 18 and accompanied by an adult the tour is free.
If you are under 21 or a designated driver, the tour is $10 with no glass or tokens -Per State Law
Listed below are answers to some frequently asked questions about Tours & Tastings at Mayhew Junction:
1) Where are you located? 106 Eckford Drive, Starkville, MS - in the center of town just off Hwy 12.
2) What are your hours? Since the beers we make are created in such small amounts, our brewery opening times are limited and sporadic. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for future Tour & Tasting announcements.
3) When is last call and the last entry on a tour date? Closing time for each tour is our last call and last entry for a tour is 45 minutes before closing time.
4) How much is a tour and what do I get? Regular tours cost $15. (Special events may cost more or less.) You will get a tasting glass, tokens to sample six 6oz beers, and a tour of our brewing facilities that includes an explanation of how we make beer. Come back and bring your glass and you'll save $5 off your next tour.
5) Can I buy a pint or a growler from you? No. Mississippi Law does not allow breweries to sell beer directly to consumers. You can buy a pint from one of the many local restaurants who have our beer on draft. FYI, word on the street is that Rosey Baby's has our beer, and they do sell growlers.
6) How much beer can I drink in the tasting room? State law limits you to six 6-oz samples of beer with your tour. In total that is equivalent to three bottles of beer.
7) Do I need reservations? Not currently. Just show up when we're open for tours. Tours happen on the 1/2 hour, so if we're open 2-5pm that'd be 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30. You can hang out in the tasting room before and after your tour. Last tour (and last entry) is 30 minutes before close.
8) I really want to taste _______. Will it be on tap? No guarantees. We have 18 taps in the tasting room and we currently rotate through about 35 different recipes. Some are tried and true (e.g., Mayhew Mild, Mayhew Rita), while some of the brews are new recipes we are testing, recipes we are perfecting for distribution, or new styles we're brewing just for fun. All that we can promise is: we will have a variety of beer styles for you to choose from.
9) Do you have food? We are not a restaurant - we're a brewery! If we're not sold out, we have pretzels for $1/bag. That's the extent of our food selection. There are several restaurants within walking distance to the brewery.
10) Can I bring snacks? Yes! You are welcome to bring a tailgate basket and hang out with your friends. But do plan to clean up after yourself. We have trash cans.
11) Where can I buy bottles or cans? We are currently draft only.
12) What restaurants have your beer? We're adding more tap handles everyday. We've seen our beer at Bulldog Burger, The Camphouse, Harvey's, the Grill, Dave's Darkhorse, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Restaurant Tyler. If you've seen it somewhere else, be sure to let us know!
13) Where can I park? If you're driving, we recommend carpooling and securing a designated driver for your group. We have a large parking lot. If the lot is full, there is on-street parking around the corner on Yellow Jacket Drive. We are close to the Lynn Lane Bike Path and the S.M.A.R.T. bus system has two stops within one block: #32 Hwy 12 East and #43 Chesnut Commons.
14) Where can Mayhew Junction kegs be purchased? You will need to contact a retailer that purchases kegs from Clark Beverage. We've had good luck procuring craft beer kegs through The Smokestack in West Point (ask for Phil) but there are many other retailers who sell kegs within the Golden Triangle.